Monday, March 11, 2013

The Journey Continues...


After three semesters at CJCU, my wife and I bid goodbye to the CJCU community as my journey took a big turn.  And shortly after, I ran into a sudden realization (頓悟) that every journey simply continues no matter where you are and what you do.

And like the stories in the Bible, they continue till this day.

My courses at the CJCU involved with the Bible (the Old Testament and the New; their interpretations and applications), the formation of the spirituality and the early Christian missions. 

There was one thing in common. They all dealt with stories:   

  • The stories of the people of Israel and the stories of the gentiles.
  • The stories of love and hatred, of obedience and rebellion, of trust and mistrust.     
  • More sad stories than the happy ones, just like all human stories.
  • Some stories are heard more often than the others, but each has its point made.
As some friends told me before that they seldom heard me preach the messages of justice.  I humbly agree.  I do not quite understand the point of justice, Godly or humanly. I just preach what I think I can understand a little - about love.

According to the estimate, there are more than 7 billion people on the earth.  There are at least seven billion stories to be told.  

The stories of the seven billions brothers and sisters are to be shared.  Like the stories of the Bible, they too are our stories.

Take no small measure of the human stories - these stories are also God’s stories. 

God’s love stories – that how the journey continues, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment